The Malaysian Indian e-Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Best Styling Tips For Women Over 40
Caste System EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 1:49 pm by nehasonijpr

» Fashion for a Long Time and Great Women | For Maxi Long and Sizes
Caste System EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm by nehasonijpr

» Be sure to remember! The Fashion Trends Spring / Summer 2015
Caste System EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm by nehasonijpr

» Women - Summer Type
Caste System EmptyMon May 25, 2015 8:28 pm by nehasonijpr

» Lauren Sherman On Everything You Need To know about making it as A Fashion
Caste System EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:01 pm by nehasonijpr

» Life Planner
Caste System EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:20 pm by ramesh1184

» Life & Wealth Planner Needed
Caste System EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:17 pm by ramesh1184

» Protection For All
Caste System EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 pm by ramesh1184

» Insurance For Senior Citizens with Medical Illness
Caste System EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:16 pm by ramesh1184

» Am I crazy for the football?
Caste System EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:21 pm by vijaya

» Anyone know anout the KLIBOR housing loan??
Caste System EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:30 pm by chanseeying

» For Newbies.
Caste System EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 11:33 am by vijaya

» graphic cartoon 3
Caste System EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 5:52 pm by susanyee

» Where buy spiritual books in KL
Caste System EmptySun May 25, 2014 6:56 pm by kamaferro

» Bollywood Sarees Online
Caste System EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:30 pm by VivekBaid

» Gangasaris.com-Buy Georgette Printed Sarees @ 999 only
Caste System EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm by Gangasaris

» **Free Store Concept**
Caste System EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 pm by daranzone

» Interesting Websites.
Caste System EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:28 am by jeevaan

» Placing your business Online?
Caste System EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am by jeevaan

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Require info regarding tamil school

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 pm by Positivevibe

I just moved from Chennai, I am looking for admission for my 6 year old kid.
After my extensive search, understand that I can place my kid only in international school, as both of us are holding only professional visa.

Can someone suggest me, if there is any private or tamil school which will admit foreign national?

Comments: 0

Private Tuition

Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:59 am by VJeyaa

Do you send your kids to private tuition after school or do you teach them yourselves? What are the pros and cons of sending kids to private tuition after school? Is it an unnecessary burden for the kids or is it seen as much needed assistance for the kids in terms of education?

Comments: 13

Want yr children’s get straight AAA’s in exam?

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am by nimmi

SCORE A PROGRAMME
1.What is Score A Programme™?
Score A Programme™ is a fully interactive and effective programme to help students Be Exam Ready And Score A’s™.

2.What is "Input Learning™"?
"Input Learning™" is putting information into your "Neuron". Reading, studying, listening and memorizing are "Input Learning™". Too many students only carry out …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 16

NOW EVERYONE CAN STUDY

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 pm by maskki

Dear All ;

Are you

1. Working in a private sector

2. No increment or cannot move to higher position because no paper qualifications

3. Having less than 3 credits in your SPM / MCE examination

4. Above 21 years of age

5. interested to continue your studies

WE HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU ...

Please browse our website www.riverbankacademy.com.my , you can find the solutions to your questions. …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

INDIAN YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM - VOCATIONAL SKILLS CAREER CERTIFICATE PROGRAM BY OUM

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm by maskki

Dear All ;

Hi , I'm Mahendran from RIVERBANK ACADEMY SDN BHD.

As you know we have established ourselves as centre for SKILLS LEARNING AND KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT (SKILD) and it is located in Kajang. We are now embarking ourselves to be a full competency based education service provider. One of our latest project is with PKSM as training provider for their Empowerment program in Bentong.

We would …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Tamil School

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 pm by VJeyaa

Lets discuss about the pros and cons about Tamil eductaion. Would you send your kids to the Tamil school and why you would or wouldnt?

Comments: 13

Mastering the Law of Attraction < Must not miss this>>

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm by gowri

Vanakam nanbargaley,

Something which will benefit for our community . I have attended the first session and I find it useful and practical. It's all about our life ..our thoughts ..

I am sharing with you all ...if got time please attend .

Organised by Malaysia Hindu Sangam .

Title : Mastering the Law of Attraction To Succeed in Career and Entrepreneurship.

Date : 6th …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 2

Bogus Universities & fake degrees

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:07 pm by frags

A follow up to the discussion we started way back in the little india days. I found this one article dated Jan 2008 about the now famous International Irish University which i was following closely. It was quite an elaborate operation with graduation ceremonies etc.

Now the website is empty.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/7175730.stm

The IIU, which has 5,000 students …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 14

Private School

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:41 pm by VJeyaa

Can someone from the education line give me some pointers about private schooling? I have been thinking about this recently as my daughter has come of enrollment age to the primary school. My current considerations are:

1. Sekolah Sri Murni
2. Sekolah Sri Chempaka
3. Convent Bukit Nenas (my personal preference)

We are also thinking of registering to a nearby Govt school, as a "just in …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 12

Top posters
mirugam (1799)
Caste System Vote_lcapCaste System Voting_barCaste System Vote_rcap 
rishi (1390)
purple matrix (917)
Revam (838)
VJeyaa (818)
aPPLe (633)
Chello (619)
Kon_Roy (593)
yankee (448)
~Anchal~ (329)

Caste System

+8
tgopal
soul_reaper
frags
rishi
Kon_Roy
VJeyaa
yankee
mirugam
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Caste System Empty Caste System

Post by mirugam Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Do you believe in caste system?

I know this topic is very sensitive but as adults, we should be able to talk and share our opinion openly.

I would say that caste system is very much alive among Hindus and all of us are contributing to its growth.
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Number of posts : 1799
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Caste System Empty Re: Caste System

Post by yankee Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:21 pm

yes i do believe in it..good thing
yankee
yankee

Number of posts : 448

Back to top Go down

Post by VJeyaa Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:39 pm

I know that the beleif in caste system is still strong here as well as in India and possibly in other part of the world too. Though many claim to shun such thoughts as outdated and scoff at those who practise, yet deep down they are very much caste based. One of the reasons is that I think contributes to this beleif is that the caste system is beleived to be reliable indicator of the "career" or "job" held by the potential suitor and more importantly the social standing, prestige and the anticipated background of the potential suitor. In those days, dating and getting to know one another b4 marriage is not allowed or not practiced and marriage are often arranged. Knowing the caste will be indicative of other such important matters like mentioned above. And this is the reaason why marrying out of the caste is scoffed at. It will be a social prestige factor, that some will protect at all costs. Just my understanding here, could be wrong though.
VJeyaa
VJeyaa

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Well...talking about career or job is actually the accurate reason why caste was endorsed by Hindusim. The teaching of Hindusim separate human into caste and noted specifically about their nature of living on this earth.

But, that was many years ago. Now, a brahman can be working as a labour and a non-brahman can learn vedas and be a priest. So, will we regard the labourer Brahman as "low caste" ? What a Face
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Kon_Roy Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:54 pm

VJeyaa wrote:One of the reasons is that I think contributes to this beleif is that the caste system is beleived to be reliable indicator of the "career" or "job" held by the potential suitor
actually...it is the only reason...lol...as time passed...peoples created their own reasons...barbers...shamans....priests...and many more...and there weren't low castes....but as time passes by...who knows wht happened...everything changed..lol..
shatriyans used to be the warriors...and the so called parians...the low caste was the messengers...and they are actually parijanas...in sanskrit...pronounced as pariyanas..
and dalits who do the dirty works....would have India been clean without them those days ??.
but who knows wht happened those days ??...do u know how many of ur friends are from the low castes ??...hahahaha
Kon_Roy
Kon_Roy

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 pm

yes...kon roy...i do know some of my friends. If you're were brought up in a very close community and your parents happen to be caste freaks, you'll be given instruction not to eat or drink from so and so's house. The reasons were never explained until we are big enough.

(23 years ago)
There was once, a kacang putih lady who newly started to sell at the road side refused to sell a packet of pagoda to me. She kept on telling that my father will scold her if he knows about this.I still can feel the dissapointment i felt at that time .... Sad
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, i refrain from telling my kids about this system. If can i don't to tell them forever. But, my daughter did ask me what is "pariah"...apparently one malay boy used that word to her friend in school . I pretended that i didn't hear that particular question. Wink
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by rishi Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:01 pm

brahmins are supposed to be gentle and patient
chatriya must be brave as mostly r fighters

other than that, its just a classification according to lifestyle.
unhygienic ones r not favoured to be mixed arnd.
some brahminz mandi 5x a day.

thats y certain caste distant themselves from others.
so we can guess why certain attitude existed although not preached by religion.

anyway, nowdays its not entirely the same.
but some family has die hard 'attitude' that others cant stand.
so caste or not, we still keep our distance.
rishi
rishi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by frags Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:08 pm

I dont believe in the caste system and feel it is an outdated system that doesn't fit with universal principles of human rights and democracy. There are more challenging issues for us to face now than to argue about caste.

frags

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kon_Roy Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 pm

frags wrote:I dont believe in the caste system and feel it is an outdated system that doesn't fit with universal principles of human rights and democracy. There are more challenging issues for us to face now than to argue about caste.
hahaha...appedi podenge frags...
maneseneke 1000 perechenei iruke...ithelle 1001 jadhi perechenai..haha...
Kon_Roy
Kon_Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by yankee Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 pm

ok those who is against caste be frank..will u marry a paria?
yankee
yankee

Number of posts : 448

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:22 pm

frag is right in a way. Caste does violate the rules of human rights. How can we look down at someone just because of his less impressive lineage.

BUT caste is very much involved in Hindusim. As a Hindu, i feel every Hindu should know what is caste and the the purpose it was practised during ancient years.
By understanding this, we can actually overcome the prejudice we have towards the so called lower caste.

Yankee,

I'm married but frankly....deep down...i won't. Maybe because of the way i was brought up. Anyway, i'm not proud about it.
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by frags Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 pm

yankee wrote:ok those who is against caste be frank..will u marry a paria?

I would. Firstly I wont know what caste anyone is...dont care...so if the person is a pariah it doesn't matter. A person is judge based on who he/she is. I would marry or befriend a pariah.

frags

Back to top Go down

Post by frags Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:56 pm

mirugam wrote:frag is right in a way. Caste does violate the rules of human rights. How can we look down at someone just because of his less impressive lineage.

BUT caste is very much involved in Hindusim. As a Hindu, i feel every Hindu should know what is caste and the the purpose it was practised during ancient years.
By understanding this, we can actually overcome the prejudice we have towards the so called lower caste.

Yankee,

I'm married but frankly....deep down...i won't. Maybe because of the way i was brought up. Anyway, i'm not proud about it.

Firstly it is arguable whether caste is part of hinduism or just the way ancient indian society worked. And I'm afraid you can argue to kingdom come and no one will be able to prove or refute that.

Secondly even if it is. Why continue with something that is no longer relevant or is not in line with our principles? Religions do change with time too.

If many of us Malaysian Indians are dead against racial discrimination(because we have experienced it), why the double standards with caste? Wouldn't we know how it feels to be unfairly discriminated because of the colour of our skin. In this case caste?

frags

Back to top Go down

Post by soul_reaper Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am

for me,i'm a brahmin,but i don't give a damn about this stupid caste system...and yankee ya i will marry a pariah.....for human being....attitude and behavior is the most important part in their life not caste.......if you're from a goo caste living a low mentallity and low life....thats pariah...not the caste actually.......how you differentciate the caste ah???....different blood colour is it?ifferent physical appereance is it?or different look like any alien from outer space???....bullshit its all our heart and thinking la.....so you're dying on't say if the octor is pariah...you'll just go to hell rather than going to him...answer me yankee....i hate ths kind of human being that see caste.....basiccally we're human being la......numanity comes first not the useless caste...it won't help you in any way also in your life....trust me........i've seen many of my people(brahmin)bahave like pariahs an some other more of my frien from sooo called goo caste committed to something stupi and ende up in jail and rehab center....please put your huminity first...give priority to living things no matter its human being,plants or animals.....its also a living beings like us.......
soul_reaper
soul_reaper

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tgopal Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:49 am

This is what we call being a hypocrite. We don’t want people to discriminate us due to our race/religion, but we in turn discriminate others for almost the same reason.

The caste system simply categorizes people according to their profession for many centuries ago in India. Due to the nature/condition of the work, they developed certain traits in themselves and it also changed their physical appearance over a long period of time. That’s why; maybe the Brahmins take showers 5 times a day and odd job labours’ skin turn darker over the years. Due to lack of opportunities, the sons/daughters will take over the job of their parents and this trend continued for many decades.

The situation now is totally different where all of us get chance to choose our career, and due to a lot of inter-race/inter-caste marriages, it’s very difficult to positively determine the caste of any person (in Malaysia at least). In India, the Dalit group was deprived from receiving proper education and social status, as those in the so called ‘higher caste’ obviously had their own agenda.

I strongly believe that God created all human being equal. However, we can observe that there will be groups of people, highlighting the superiority of their race/religion by belittling others. This can be found among Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Caucasians, (fair skinned) Indians, Malays and etc. If anyone from the group claim that the God made them superior to other races/religions, then I have only one thing to tell them….”F**K YOUR GOD”

Mr. Yankee, for your question whether will I marry a girl from ‘Pariah’ caste, my answer will be yes and no. Yes, if she fulfills the criteria I’m looking for in her. No, if she doesn’t fulfill the criteria I’m looking for (Anyway, I’m happily married to a girl of my choice). The world will be a better place to live without people like you.

tgopal

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by suja@15 Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:16 pm

I truly agree with u gopal..... wat is caste when society in large is in chaos. I dont even know wat caste i am.... thank god for tat! We shud bring up the next generation without prejudice regarding caste and religion. Surprisingly even after such developments happening around us yet there r ppl who do believe in such system due to their upbringing ..... such thinking can pull them backward instead of moving forward in society. I wud marry whom i choose suitable for me and it has got nothing to do with his caste..... so if a pariah has loads of money (and a heart of gold).... so be it... i will marry him!!!!

suja@15

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by VJeyaa Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:50 pm

tgopal wrote:This is what we call being a hypocrite. We don’t want people to discriminate us due to our race/religion, but we in turn discriminate others for almost the same reason.

The caste system simply categorizes people according to their profession for many centuries ago in India. Due to the nature/condition of the work, they developed certain traits in themselves and it also changed their physical appearance over a long period of time. That’s why; maybe the Brahmins take showers 5 times a day and odd job labours’ skin turn darker over the years. Due to lack of opportunities, the sons/daughters will take over the job of their parents and this trend continued for many decades.

The situation now is totally different where all of us get chance to choose our career, and due to a lot of inter-race/inter-caste marriages, it’s very difficult to positively determine the caste of any person (in Malaysia at least). In India, the Dalit group was deprived from receiving proper education and social status, as those in the so called ‘higher caste’ obviously had their own agenda.

I strongly believe that God created all human being equal. However, we can observe that there will be groups of people, highlighting the superiority of their race/religion by belittling others. This can be found among Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Caucasians, (fair skinned) Indians, Malays and etc. If anyone from the group claim that the God made them superior to other races/religions, then I have only one thing to tell them….”F**K YOUR GOD”

Mr. Yankee, for your question whether will I marry a girl from ‘Pariah’ caste, my answer will be yes and no. Yes, if she fulfills the criteria I’m looking for in her. No, if she doesn’t fulfill the criteria I’m looking for (Anyway, I’m happily married to a girl of my choice). The world will be a better place to live without people like you.

Wonderful... What a Face
VJeyaa
VJeyaa

Back to top Go down

Post by VJeyaa Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Firstly, the relevance is no longer applicable in current times. Secondly, due to inter-marriages, the exclusiveness is no longer intact.. pig

But as gops has pointed out, some would want to hold on this for their dear lives for their own agendas. Evil or Very Mad
VJeyaa
VJeyaa

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm happy to see that so many(in this forum) are totally against caste.

But what i'm seeing in real life is totally the opposite. When the question of marriage arise, nearly everyone will bring up this issue.
The first question will be " What people are they?"

If you say that young generations are not bothered about this, you're wrong. They are also into this. Real people out there is till concerned about lineage of someone. Only a few here showing your opposition on caste. I wonder if you can go against your family members over this issue.

Suja mentioned that she don't mind if he is rich, why "rich" ? why not poor? You mean you'll never consider a poor man with less impressive caste? Sad

Back to Hindusim and caste....

In Hindusim human being are divided into Brahman, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas and Sudras.
The Lord says ....."The fourfold caste has been created by Me
according to the differentiation of Guna and Karma;"
But i'm sure GOD never want this system to make others suffer and ill treated. That was done by human.

It will take a very long time to get over this caste system from our blood system. Like it or not we are living with it.

Those who oppose this system should not make bad comments on those who feel that caste system is still part of their life. Please respect their opinion too. It's their right too. Very Happy Don't put them in ISA...PLEAAASEEEE
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by gowri Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:15 pm

evey human in this world is same . what is caste ? It was created by those who are selfish .
Nowadays people respect each other not by caste by their behaviour . Caste is nothing nowadays with more mix marriages.

If we did not destroy it in this generation our next generation also will be expose to this caste system .

All is same , we have the same features same blood colour ..why shld use caste system anywhere.
gowri
gowri

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kon_Roy Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:52 pm

tgopal wrote:This is what we call being a hypocrite. We don’t want people to discriminate us due to our race/religion, but we in turn discriminate others for almost the same reason.

I strongly believe that God created all human being equal. However, we can observe that there will be groups of people, highlighting the superiority of their race/religion by belittling others. This can be found among Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Caucasians, (fair skinned) Indians, Malays and etc. If anyone from the group claim that the God made them superior to other races/religions, then I have only one thing to tell them….”F**K YOUR GOD

APPEDI PODENGE SARE !!!!
Kon_Roy
Kon_Roy

Back to top Go down

Post by soul_reaper Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 pm

ippo yhan kallai kattethe la....terrikitheeeeeeeee
soul_reaper
soul_reaper

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:26 pm

Frankly.... caste system will exist forever till we oppose or against this system blindly without understanding the correct concept.

Those who said that caste is a crap here should be able to convince others who they might meet later in their life.......your spouse, in-laws, friends, son/daughter -in law...

Hindusim never ask its bgakhta to degrade and humilate another human. Hindusim is too divine to suggest such inhuman act.

The pseudo religious practises of untouchability was introduced in post-vedic time who took opportunity from the four types of working class practiced during ancient years(vedic).

The vedas do not talk of untouchability or inferior community.
A true HINDU doesn't insult or look down at anyone....including those who did not match his social standing.

What is the point when you're against caste system but at the same time you look down and treat a beggar like a $##@ Smile just because he is poor. Sad
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by mirugam Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 pm

hey...what happen to Bruce 's and Jey's post? Shocked
mirugam
mirugam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm

I think the system just recovered from a serious problem. Only the recent data was affected, so 1 or 2 latest postings were not able to be recovered. That also because the backup was intact, otherwise everything could have gone missing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 32

https://miec.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next